Based in New York, NY
DescriptionNika is an abstract strategy game modeled on ancient Greek battle tactics for 2-4 players. You command a Greek city’s hoplite soldiers who must force their way through enemy lines to reach their allied city’s gates. Your troops can push or rout those who would block their way across the narrow battlefield. Coordinate attacks with your ally to secure victory, but make sure to watch your flanks!
HistoryAfter two years of development, designer Josh Raab's original tabletop version of Nika won the 2013 Ion Award in the Strategy category. This led to a highly successful Kickstarter and publication by Eagle Games the following year. Studio Mercato decided to bring this proven design to mobile devices for a more convenient, portable experience.
- Game mechanics modeled on ancient Greek military tactics, bringing authentic strategic decisions to every match.
- Elegant design that can be learned in minutes and supports extremely high-level play for dedicated tacticians.
- Supports 2-4 human or AI players.
There are currently no trailers available for Nika. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase Selection" MAGFest, January 2014
- "Winner, Intel/Tizen App Hackathon" Tizen Project Hackathon, October 2013
- "Tabletop Showcase Selection" Boston Festival of Indie Games, September 2013
- "2013 Ion Award for Strategy Game Design" SaltCON, February 2013
- "This is a really good-looking game, and if it was available on the floor today, I would've snapped up a copy."
- Boston FIG Recap, Beyond the Horizon
- "Raab has been working on “Nika” for two years with artist Chris Hernandez. It is slated to be published by Eagle Games in early 2014, with a digital version for the iPad, Android, and Windows 8 tablets produced by New York-based Studio Mercato."
- 90.9 WBUR, Boston’s NPR News Station
- "Josh talks to the G2B guys about Nika during the Boston Festival of Indie Games."
- G2B, Guys Games and Beer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Studio Mercato
Studio Mercato is an independent game studio based in New York City.
More information on Studio Mercato, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Shuichi Aizawa, Hari Mohanraj, Neil Sveri